Join the $33 billion family dining industry when you own a 5 & Diner restaurant franchise
In 1989, 5 & Diner was created as a place where customers would be transported to a simpler time - the '50s roadside diner with affordable, top-quality food, including award-winning burgers and shakes.
The décor inside and out mimics a 1950s design. The 5 & Diner appeals to all customer segments and captures every meal, including a full breakfast menu available all day.
Family dining accounts for $33 billion in annual sales and is poised for growth as consumers demand added value through reasonable prices, menu diversity and service.
Our business model offers the following benefits:
- Strong unit-level economics
- New prototype design to fit inline and end cap locations
- Committed ownership by a leader in the food service industry
The 5 & Diner corporate staff understands what it takes to run a successful business and ensures that all franchisees receive the knowledge, training and support they need prior to, during and after the opening of their restaurants.
Our support covers the following areas and more:
- Pre-Opening: Our focus is on getting each restaurant franchise open on time and on budget.
- Real Estate and site selection resources and criteria
- Prototype plans
- Store Development and Opening resources and criteria.
- Training: We provide a comprehensive training program.
- Held on-site and in our training center
- Hands-on learning and sharing of best practices
- Initial and on-going training to ensure continued success.
- Operations and Management Manuals: We provide a full library of manuals.
- Access to proprietary operations manuals documenting all procedures
- Kitchen, server and staff manuals to support all training needs of the business
- Recipe and plate presentation manuals.
- Marketing and Branding: System Marketing Fund and resources support our theme
- In-restaurant marketing support for the '50s theme and value-driven menu
- Local marketing to drive new and repeat customers and higher average checks.
Additionally, 5 & Diner provides ongoing franchisee support, which includes:
- Access to pre-approved suppliers and national purchasing programs
- Ongoing operational, marketing and financial control consultation (as needed)
- Scheduled visits from Regional Management and monthly mystery shopper visits
- In-service training and/or retraining of restaurant staff, if needed.
5 & Diner is seeking qualified franchise candidates who want to live by our motto of "Fun, Food and '50s". We want people who are passionate about the family restaurant franchise business and our brand. We offer single- and multi-unit development opportunities and look at the following criteria in making our franchise offering decisions:
- Food-service experience preferred
- Investor groups are acceptable with qualified managing partner
- Strong local and community ties to support marketing
The initial franchise fee to open a 5 & Diner franchise is $35,000. The costs to open a 5 & Diner franchise restaurant will vary by location, but the range of investment for an in-line or end cap location are as follows:
- Inline or endcap unit - $250,000 to $750,000
- More detailed Cost and Criteria information is available in the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).