Cash Required: $300,000|
Investment Range: $595,000 - $1,215,000
Business Type: Business Opportunity
Financing: 3rd Party
Own a Save-A-Lot, the nation's leading discount grocery store
Save-A-Lot is the nation's leading hard discount grocery chain with over 1,300 stores across the U.S. and Caribbean. Approximately 70% of these locations are owned and operated by individuals or corporate entities under our licensed retailer program.
Our business model is designed to help retailers succeed and compete effectively in the grocery industry. We combine the expertise of the nation's second largest grocery chain under a single banner with the unique talents of licensed operators. Save-A-Lot is focused on driving down costs to give our independently owned retailers a competitive edge.
- Smaller, Efficient Stores: The average Save-A-Lot store is 15,000 square feet - much smaller than a traditional grocery store. This reduces startup costs, inventory, occupancy and other operating costs.
- Hard Discount: We carry the food items shoppers buy most often. By offering a carefully selected assortment of approximately 2,000 grocery items, we create unparalleled efficiencies throughout the supply chain, enabling our retailers to offer customers the lowest prices possible.
- Save-A-Lot Exclusive Brands: Over 70% of our store is devoted to our own exclusive high quality brands. These trademarked brands offer substantial savings because they don't carry the costly advertising expenses built into national brands.
- Buying Power: Our large network of stores and the consolidation of entire categories into single items give Save-A-Lot incredible buying power.
- Handling Efficiencies: Products ordered from one of our 16 dedicated distribution centers are shipped and merchandised in custom cartons that make stocking much more efficient, cutting labor costs and streamlining operations.
Save-A-Lots are not franchised. Our retailers operate under license agreements and adhere to company operating standards, building design, equipment criteria and merchandising concepts. This helps ensure consistency and success across our network of licensed and corporate stores. We provide ongoing services such as training, retail accounting, advertising and operations consultation. Our goal is to help you succeed.
While we estimate the initial investment required for opening a Save-A-Lot to be between $595,000 - $1,215,000 (covering leasehold improvements, fixtures and equipment, inventory, security deposit and initial working capital), each situation is unique and investment requirements and risk factors must be evaluated by the prospective licensee for a given location and trade area. Funds for those opening their first store typically come from owner equity and/or third party loans. Save-A-Lot is now offering a Licensed Store Incentive Program, with significant capital options - a minimum of $200,000 - available to qualified candidates for each new store developed.
We welcome to further discuss this unique business opportunity regarding owning and operating a Save-A-Lot food store.
Â© Save-A-Lot food stores, all rights reserved. This is not an offer of sale. Information subject to change. Participation in the Incentive Program includes Operational approval, Site approval, Retailer Financial approval, as well as other Save-A-Lot and Supervalu financial approval of the specific project incentive. Other conditions may apply. Program details are subject to change. The minimum financial incentive of $200,000 is available within the 48 contiguous U.S. states only. To learn more about financial incentives that may be available outside the continental U.S. (excluding Alaska), please contact a Save-A-Lot representative.