Furniture Medic is Your Remedy for a Solid Business
Join the Largest Furniture and Wood Repair and Restoration Company in the World!
A Little Furniture Medic History
In 1992, the founder of Furniture Medic became the victim of a mini moving disaster. Several of his family's expensive furniture pieces had been damaged--some extensively and others with dents and dings. Rather than purchasing new furniture, he researched alternative solutions, only to be disappointed; most refinishing shops had extremely long and inadequate turnaround times. Therefore, the on-site business of restoring furniture to its original condition was born.
As part of The ServiceMaster Family of Brands, Furniture Medic continues to grow from the existing 300 franchise locations in the U.S. Canada and United Kingdom.
Join the leaders in the furniture and wood restoration and repair business.
Benefits of Owning a Furniture Medic
- Low investment, home-based business with an on-site service focus
- Recession-resistant services provider to homeowners plus commercial, hospitality and insurance customers
- A business with the ability to be run in an owner-operator capacity or by adding technicians
- Access to available financing for up to 80% of initial fee and start-up equipment
Comprehensive Training Provided
Don’t know anything about furniture repair or restoration? No worries. Our comprehensive training programs ensure that you are well equipped with the initial and the ongoing knowledge you need.
- Pre-Academy: 50 hours of online work and reading from your home before coming to Academy
- Two-Week Academy in Memphis, Tennessee
- One-Week Post-Academy 90 days after completion of Two-Week Academy
- Established System: Part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands which includes ServiceMaster Clean®, Merry Maids®, AmeriSpec®, American Home Shield® and Terminix® – all market leaders in their industries.
- Little Competition: Very few competitors operate on this scale and level of quality
- Multiple Market Opportunities: Unlimited residential and commercial accounts for furniture, wood repair, kitchen cabinetry, doors, windows; Insurance claims due to disaster restoration; moving claims; furniture manufacturers and furniture retail outlets
- Unbeatable Restoring Techniques: Customers can keep priceless family heirlooms
- On-going support: You will never be without the tools, training and on-going support you need to help you succeed in this industry
“The income potential is important, and so is taking something I enjoy, like woodworking, and turning it into a business. Being part of a nationally recognized and respected network is another big advantage. In fact, our National Accounts program is growing and I’m able to get jobs from this without the usual expense of acquiring customers. These jobs fit in nicely with my regular business.” - Brian Trishman, Plainfield, IL
Our Commitment to Excellence
The core values of ServiceMaster and its subsidiaries are to help people develop, excel with customers and grow profitably.
Already own a furniture repair or wood restoration shop? Consider a brand name and backing of a 60 year old company. You may be eligible for our conversion discounts.
The Decision is Yours
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Join an established network with the reputation and brand name recognition that takes decades to build and join the Furniture Medic team today.
Furniture Medic® is proud supporter of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran) whereby U.S. Military Veterans receive a 15% discount off the initial franchise fee.