How Franchise Teams Work to Help You Succeed
2-4-6-8 owning a franchise with support is great!
Super bowl is Feb 7th and what better way to commemorate the battle for the Lombardi Trophy in terms of the franchising world than to tell you how franchise teams can help you score big and succeed as a business owner.
The relationship between franchisors and franchisees is a symbiotic one which makes franchising unique in the business world. It provides entrepreneurs with a means of achieving growth more quickly and with less risk than starting a business from scratch. If franchise systems were a football team, you could equate the franchisor to a coach and the franchisee to the quarterback; they are equally important and rely on each other to secure a win.
Training and Support
As a so-called free agent, you will want to explore all your options and learn about the ways franchise systems can support you in your franchise career:
Reputable franchise systems have playbooks or operation manuals which outline the concept and instruct you how to conduct the daily operations of the business. Generally, you would receive this during a concentrated training period which educates franchisees on everything there is to know about the business. These training sessions minimize the learning curve and allow franchise owners to be up and running in a shortened period of time.
Experienced franchise teams provide:
- One-to-one assistance with accounting and financing, advertising and public relations and personnel management
- Back up and administrative support through call centers and customer support for troubleshooting or Q & As.
- Help in finding a location for your outlet, if necessary
- Assistance with the launch or grand opening of your business
- Initial and on-going site visits
- Sources of inventory and supplies and purchasing and inventory control advice
- Information to keep you up to date with any insurance, certificates or accreditation your business requires
- Marketing collateral
- Proprietary products and systems
- Access to approved vendors and system-wide pricing
You can find franchises which provide on-going support through:
- Periodic newsletters
- A toll-free telephone number
- A website and integrating social media presence
- Scheduled workshops, seminars or webinars
- Annual conventions
There are other benefits to joining a franchise such as one which has instant name recognition. Although this is not training so to speak, you will be trained on the use of the brand’s name, products and procedures to maintain consistency.
To learn more about franchises which provide ideal training and support visit Franchise Solutions’ Top Ten Franchises here.