A Professional Opportunity in the Growing
Handyman Services Sector
A fresh approach to a familiar business
The HandyPro® franchise system is an executive model that takes a fresh approach to familiar "handyman" businesses. While HandyPro specializes in residential and commercial handyman type jobs, the business model is designed to manage and grow the business in a profitable yet simplified way.
HandyPro is a company with a long history (almost 20 years in the field) that has been successfully evolving and carving out a very strong niche in the field in just the last few years. When they added senior modification expert Robert G (Gurinowitsch) in 2010, the business took off.
Before getting into HandyPro highlights, while there is no need to spend a lot of time on the category itself, a few key points are meaningful:
- The home improvement/handyman/remodeling category is a $460+ billion industry that will continue to grow at double digits each year for the foreseeable future. The average homeowner spends $3,900 a year on repairs and improvements.
- Home modifications designed to make seniors safer and more comfortable in their homes, allowing them to stay there longer, are growing at an even faster rate and will continue to do so as over 10,000 people a day reach 65 for the next 17 years - the baby boomers.
- A recession-resistant business that helps seniors age in place.
Some highlights specific to HandyPro:
- They are one of the most profitable franchises in the category and validate well with existing franchisees. A Michigan franchise is a million dollar a year business.
- They even have finance resources at the local, regional and national level, as well as grants, to help seniors fund these projects, as well as dealing with Medicare. Compared to an average of $67,000 a year for a nursing home, these modifications are a wise value and the government knows it.
- They have a marketing arm to help franchisees develop clients and also have access to a network of occupational and physical therapists, home care agencies and discharge planners at hospitals.
- Strong Internet lead generation.
- Partnered with Life Access to give them a great deal of expertise in the “Aging in Place” category - modifying homes for seniors. This is now their niche in the category.
- Their focus is patient/client specific versus product specific.
- They have a U.S. based ProCrew scheduling center for franchisees to save them time and money.
- They have extensive initial and ongoing training and unlimited support. They also help with recruitment and retention.
- Territories are 60,000 HHs with HHI of over $50,000.
- Business can be run from home or a small inexpensive industrial space.
A recession-resistant opportunity for you
The residential, commercial and home modification handyman business is growing.
- Residential and commercial repair market continues to grow.
- Harvard University - double digit growth likely in remodeling.
- Founder is certified "Aging in Place" specialist (CAPS).
- 74% of older homeowners prefer to live at home (AARP).
- Over 75 million Americans are reaching retirement age (National Association of Home Builders).
HandyPro is a fresh approach to a familiar business
- Executive model.
- No handyman experience necessary.
- Call center - schedules your technicians for you.
- Combination of specialized employees and contractors.
- Unparalleled franchise support.
- Strong marketing support.
- Strong earnings claim - HP company store approx $1m annual sales.
- Proven technician recruitment and support.