The spread of the Zika virus is making the news on a consistent basis and Franchise Solutions’ client, Mosquito Joe, is here to help. Most recent reports say the mosquito which can carry Zika, Chikungunya and other viruses has spread to 30 states.
- Best preventative steps to reduce the number of mosquitoes in your area
- Zika virus and its symptoms
- Status of the spread of the virus
“While there is no cure for the Zika virus, avoiding mosquitoes is the best course of action for a strong defense,” says Mosquito Joe. Families can reduce the number of mosquitoes by following these tips:
- Eliminate any sources of standing water, including outdoor containers such as flowerpots, tires or children’s toys
- Unblock drains and gutters
- Watch for low areas under decks or throughout yard where rainwater may collect
- Avoid accumulating garbage or extra yard-clippings
- Screen windows and doors
- Use mosquito repellant and reapply as directed
- Wear protective clothing such as long pants and long sleeves
- Limit outdoor exposure. Mosquitoes that spread Zika virus bite mostly during the daytime.
- Enlist the help of Mosquito Joe to help control the mosquito population in your area
With the increase of insect-borne illnesses, Mosquito Joe’s services are in high in demand. A Mosquito Joe franchise is a seasonal business opportunity that can be run from virtually any home or office. It’s a great stand-alone business or a nice complement for someone with an existing home-based business, and it works well for owner-operators or investor-owners alike. Learn more about becoming a Mosquito Joe franchise owner today.
Although there is no vaccine to prevent the Zika virus, here are ways you can treat it.
To see a map of the areas with Zika cases reported in the United States, tap here.
Help reduce the health concerns associated with insect-borne illnesses by controlling the mosquito population and making it fun for families to be outside again. Explore the possibility of owning a Mosquito Joe franchise today.